Site Network: Home | Text-to-Speech | Spelling Checker | Virtual Keyboard

 

Because Portuguese is not a disease.
(What a stupid rhyme!)



Die Temperatur

I once asked to a German friend how was the weather where he lives. He told me it was getting warmer, about 20° degrees. I said “Wow! Getting warmer?! Here it’s getting colder, it’s about 20° degrees!”.

Rio is not the hottest city of Brazil, for sure, but Bangu is the hottest neighborhood in Rio. Sometimes temperature reaches more than 45° there. I heard about 50° but it’s hard to believe.

That’s why cariocas (people who was born in Rio) keep their coats, jackets and wraps inside the closet and when the thermometer marks 22° or 24° degrees we don’t hesitate about wearing all our winter clothes. When it rains our behavior is even weirder. The streets are turned into a catwalk of jackets. I don’t know why, but we think that “rain” means “cold” and even if it’s 27° if it’s raining we wrap ourselves to go out as if it was winter.

So, if you live in a cold country, when you’re sweating I’m freezing.

Marcadores:

posted by Leonardo

0 Comments:

Postar um comentário

<< Home