Site Network: Home | Text-to-Speech | Spelling Checker | Virtual Keyboard

 

Because Portuguese is not a disease.
(What a stupid rhyme!)



Need help in Brazil?

Here are some useful phrases sorted by topic.
Use text-to-speech in order to hear the pronunciation.



Meeting People (Conhecendo Pessoas)

English
Portuguese
Hi Oi
How are you? Tudo bem?
I am fine. Eu estou bem / Tudo bem!
My name is … Meu nome é ….
What is your name? Como você se chama? Qual é o seu nome?
I am from the United States/Germany/Latvia/Zimbabwe Sou dos Estados Unidos/Alemanha/Letônia/Zimbabue
Do you speak English? Você fala inglês?
Good morning Bom dia
Good afternoon Boa tarde
Good evening/night Boa noite
It is nice to meet you. Prazer em conhecê-lo / Muito prazer
Do you understand me? Você me entende?
Could you speak more slowly? Você pode falar mais devagar
Are you from here? Você é daqui?
Bye Tchau!




Courtesy (Cortesia)

English
Portuguese
Thank you Obrigado (a)
No thank you. Não, obrigado (a)
You are welcome De nada
Please Por favor
Excuse me Com licença
I am sorry. Desculpe
Forgive me. Desculpe-me
You are very nice. Você é legal
Thank you for your help Obrigado(a) pela a ajuda




Help (Ajuda)

English
Portuguese
Can you help me, please? Você pode me ajudar?
Help! Socorro
Please call a doctor! Me chame um médico, por favor
Where is the police station? Onde é a delegacia?
I am lost. Estou perdido (a)
Where is the embassy? Onde é a embaixada?
I need a doctor! Preciso de um médico
Where is the pharmacy? Onde é a farmácia?
Someone stole my belongings. Alguém me roubou.
I lost my passport! Perdi meu passaporte




Ask/Answer Questions (Perguntar/Responder)

English
Portuguese
What time is it? Que horas são?
Who? Quem?
What? O que?
Where? Onde / Cadê?
When? Quando?
Why? Por que?
Which one? Qual?
How much? Quanto?
How many? Quantos?
YesSim
NoNão
Please repeat.Repita, por favor
I understandEntendo
Sorry, I don't have any moneyDesculpe, não tenho dinheiro
I don't understand.Não entendo
I don't know.Não sei
OkayEstá bem




Shopping/Paying (Comprando/Pagando)

English
Portuguese
How much does this cost? Quanto custa?
Can I pay with a credit card? Posso pagar com cartão?
I don't want it anymore. Não quero mais
Can you lower the price? Você pode baixar o preço?
I am not interested. Não estou interessado
The bill, please. A conta, por favor




Give/Get Directions (Dar/Receber Direções)

English
Portuguese
Stop Pare!
Go straight Vá em frente
Turn left Vire à esquerda
Turn right Vire à direita
Where is … ? Onde é? Cadê?
Where is the exit? Onde é a saída?
Where is the entrance? Onde é a entrada?
Keep going Siga / Continue
I am looking for a hotel. Estou procurando um hotel
Where is the bathroom? Onde é o banheiro
Is it far from here? Está longe daqui?




Numbers (Números)

English
Portuguese
zero zero
one um
two dois
three três
four quatro
five cinco
six seis
seven sete
eight oito
nine nove
ten dez
eleven
onze
twelve
doze
thirteentreze
fourteen
quatorze
fifteen
quinze
sixteen
dezesseis
seventeen
dezessete
eighteen
dezoito
nineteen
dezenove
twenty
vinte
twenty one
vinte e um
twenty two
vinte e dois
thirty
trinta
fourty
quarenta
fifty
cinquenta
sixty
sessenta
seventy
setenta
eighty
oitenta
ninety
noventa
one hundred
cem




Here are some pronouns. The pronoun "it" deserves special attention. There is nothing
equivalent in portuguese. Objects, feelings, tangible and intangible things are either
masculine or feminine, so we say "ele" about a friend, dog or computer, "ela" about
our mom, table or the moon. I know it is not easy to a native english speaker, but my
polish friends can tell you about their five genders if you want. Two genders will be
a piece of cake bofore this conversation.



English
Portuguese
I, We
Eu, Nós
You, You (all)
Você/Tu, Vocês/Vós
He, They, (it)
Ele, Eles
She, They, (it)
Ela, Elas
There is, There are
Há, Há
This, These Este, Estes
That, Those Aquele, Aqueles
There
Here Aqui


thanks to speakabroad.com

Marcadores:

posted by Leonardo

<< Home